Sunday, April 22, 2012

Banana Chocolate Chip Cookies

So we have ladies night at our box. It's pretty amazing!
We all get together, WOD it out and then share Paleo goodies that everyone brings.  There may be wine involved as well, but I'm not sure ;)
Anyway, a couple ladies' nights ago someone brought in these chocolate chip cookies that were friggin' delish! Not only were they friggin' delish, but Bri (she's the someone that brought them in) was kind enough to bring recipe cards along to share. SCORE!!
Today seemed like a perfect cookie day. I'm still in my pajamas and yes, I realize it's 2:36pm. Don't judge me!
Back to the point. It's cookie day! I was so excited and frantically dug around for the recipe card she gave me and found it!!! Yay, right?! Not so much. I didn't have everything the cookies called for. Not to worry!  I improvised...a lot.
These didn't turn out anything like hers, taste or looks, but they are equally delicious!!
More importantly my 4 year old approved so I will definitely be making them again...and again!


Banana Chocolate Chip Cookies

1 1/4 Cup Blanched Almond Flour
1 Tbsp. Coconut Flour
1/4 Tsp. Kosher Salt
1/4 Tsp. Baking Soda
1/4 Cup Coconut Oil, melted
1/2 of a Banana, mashed (I'd say it was about 1/4 cup)
1 Tsp. Vanilla Extract
1 Egg
1/4 Cup Dark Chocolate (I used a 72% bar and just chopped up what I'd need)

1. Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
2. Beat your egg in a small bowl. I just used a fork.
3. In a large bowl mix together all the other ingredients, except your chocolate.
4. Add the beaten egg to the large bowl and mix until well combined then fold in your chocolate.
5. Drop tablespoonfulls of the cookie dough onto a parchment lined baking sheet. I got 12 cookies out of one batch.
6. Bake for about 14 minutes. 

Enjoy!!  They turn out so soft and fluffy.

No comments:

Post a Comment