Monday, January 28, 2013

Bacon-Wrapped, Honey-Mustard Chicken Thighs

I can't even deal with how delicious these turned out!!
Bacon-Wrapped, Honey-Mustard Chicken Thighs
8 Chicken Thighs
16 Pieces of Bacon (2 pieces per thigh)
1/3 Cup of Raw Honey
1/3 Cup of Spicy Brown Mustard
1/2 Tbsp. Hot Sauce (I used Frank's Red Hot)
1 Tsp. Garlic Powder
Salt & Pepper, to taste

1. Preheat your oven to 375. 
2. Rinse your chicken thighs under cold water and pat dry with a paper towel. Line them up in an oven-safe baking dish, skin side up. I love my clear pyrex pan. 
4. Salt and pepper the skins.
3. Grab a piece of bacon and begin wrapping each piece of chicken making sure the skin side is up so that the bacon ends end up on the bottom. I squeezed the thighs together a little bit (almost folding them in half) so that I could wrap them snugly then place them back in your dish. Also, I did only use one piece of bacon on some of the smaller thighs. Totally up to you. You can never really have too much bacon ;)
4. In a small bowl, whisk together the honey, mustard, hot sauce and garlic powder until well combined. 
5. With a pastry brush, cover your thighs using half of the honey-mustard sauce. Don't worry about basting the bottoms. The juices start flowing and there's plenty of flavor. 
6. Bake for 20 minutes.
7. Baste the thighs again and let them go another 20 minutes. 
8. Turn your broiler on and let them crisp up for 5-10 minutes. (my broiler took 5 minutes to "preheat" so I let them go a total of 10 minutes, including preheating) Just watch them to make sure they don't burn. 

Enjoy!!!

2 comments:

  1. Making these for dinner tonight along with kale artichoke salad and roasted beets

    ReplyDelete